Molly De Shong is a counsellor-therapist and facilitator in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Molly has worked with individuals, couples, and groups for more than 30 years, focusing on mindfulness, resilience, self-care, and communication/conflict dynamics.
Counselling and Psychotherapy
Molly integrates mindfulness with somatic, cognitive behavioural, and psychodynamic methods — all to support insight, skill-building, and resilience. Specialty areas:
- anxiety, stress management, self-care
- grief, loss, transition
- low mood and depression
- identity, self-esteem, assertiveness
- addictive patterns
- career planning
- relationships, sexuality, and couple counselling
- communication and conflict dynamics
Bring awareness to what matters to you both—whether that’s to strengthen your emotional connection and change patterns, or deciding to separate.
Mindfulness helps us become aware of body-mind habits and stressors, and tap our innate strength and resilience. Molly trained in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) with founder Jon Kabat-Zinn as well as Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC). Molly offers multi-week and introductory programs for the public and organizations.
Consulting, Facilitation, Training, Mediation
For 30 years, Molly De Shong has assisted individuals and organizations with:
- personal coaching /counselling in self-awareness, wellness, leadership, career development, and communication /conflict dynamics (including conflict mediation)
- consulting and training in team cohesion and communication
Molly offers programs in self-care and resilience, as well as communication/conflict dynamics (“Navigating Difficult Conversations”). She supported the Conflict Resolution program at NS Health, offering conflict coaching and mediation to staff.