Molly De Shong is a counsellor-therapist and facilitator in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Molly has worked with individuals, couples, and groups for over 25 years, focusing on mindfulness, resilience, self-care, and communication / conflict dynamics.
Counselling and Psychotherapy
Molly integrates mindfulness with somatic, cognitive-behavioural, and psychodynamic methods — all to support insight, skill-building, and resilience. Areas of specialty:
- anxiety, stress management, self-care
- grief, loss, transition
- low mood and depression
- identity, self-esteem, assertiveness
- addictive patterns
- career planning and decision making
- relationships, sexuality, and couple counselling
- communication and conflict dynamics
Bring awareness to what matters to you both—whether that’s to strengthen your emotional connection and change patterns together, or proceeding to separate.
Mindfulness helps us become aware of body-mind habits and stressors, and tap our innate strength and resilience. Molly trained in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) with founder Jon Kabat-Zinn and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). She offers 8-week series and introductory programs for the public, and supports staff and clients of Nova Scotia Health Authority and other organizations.
Consulting, Facilitation, Training, Mediation
For 25 years, Molly De Shong has assisted individuals and organizations with:
- personal coaching /counselling in self-awareness, wellness, leadership, career decision-making, and communication /conflict dynamics (including Transformative Meditation)
- consulting, facilitation, and training in team cohesion, communication, and visioning
Molly offers programs in self-care and resilience, as well as in communication/conflict dynamics (“Navigating Difficult Conversations”). In recent years, she supported the Conflict Resolution program at NS Health Authority, offering conflict coaching and mediation to staff.