Molly De Shong is a counsellor-therapist and facilitator in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Molly has worked with individuals, couples, and groups for more than 30 years, focusing on mindfulness, resilience, self-care, and communication / conflict dynamics.
Counselling and Psychotherapy
Molly integrates mindfulness with somatic, cognitive-behavioural, and psychodynamic methods — all to support insight, skill-building, and resilience. Areas of specialty:
- anxiety, stress management, self-care
- grief, loss, transition
- low mood and depression
- identity, self-esteem, assertiveness
- addictive patterns
- career planning and decision making
- relationships, sexuality, and couple counselling
- communication and conflict dynamics
Bring awareness to what matters to you both—whether that’s to strengthen your emotional connection and change patterns together, or proceeding to separate.
Mindfulness helps us become aware of body-mind habits and stressors, and tap our innate strength and resilience. Molly trained in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) with founder Jon Kabat-Zinn as well as Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC). Molly offers 8-week series and introductory programs for the public, as well as to staff groups in organizations.
Consulting, Facilitation, Training, Mediation
For 30 years, Molly De Shong has assisted individuals and organizations with:
- personal coaching /counselling in self-awareness, wellness, leadership, purposeful work and career-making, and communication /conflict dynamics (including conflict mediation)
- consulting and training in team cohesion, communication, and visioning
Molly offers programs in self-care and resilience, as well as in communication/conflict dynamics (“Navigating Difficult Conversations”). In recent years, she supported the Conflict Resolution program at NS Health, offering conflict coaching and mediation to staff.